Chicken Portions with a Sticky Glaze
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 portions or a pack of drumsticks, breasts or thighs
- 2-3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 tablesp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablesp. honey
- 100mls oyster sauce
Set the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
In a large bowl mix together the ginger, chilli and onion then combine well with the teriyaki sauce, honey and oyster sauce. Add in the chicken portions and coat them in the sauce.
Place in an ovenproof dish and roast in the hot oven for 45 minutes.
Serve with baked potatoes and salad and the spoon over the sauce from the baking dish. Chinese Chilli Sauce (Sambal Oeleck) on the side gives an extra hit of spice.
Baked potatoes, green salad and Chinese Chilli Sauce if available
Nutritional Analysis per Serving