Recipe courtesy of Indy Power, The Little Green Spoon
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Chilli
- 400g Bord Bia Quality Assured Pork Mince
- 1/2 Cup of Beansprouts
- 3 Tablespoons of Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Handful of Fresh Mint
- To Serve:
- Baby Gem/Cos Lettuce
- Fresh Lime
Place a pan on medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Deseed and finely chop your chilli, then add it to the pan. Chop the spring onions, then add most of them to the pan, keeping back a little for sprinkling on before serving. Cook the chilli and spring onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the beansprouts and minced pork, using your spatula to break up the pork. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently. If there’s excess liquid, drain it and return the pan to the heat.
- While the pork is cooking, combine the tamari, honey and minced garlic.
- When the pork is ready drizzle in the sauce and let it cook for another minute or two, stirring and tossing so that everything is coated in the sauce.
Add the mixture to your serving plate/bowl. Finely chop the mint and sprinkle it on top with the leftover spring onion. Serve with fresh lettuce cups/wraps and a squeeze of lime.