The Food & Drink Industry Award winners for 2011 have been announced
See here for the press release and the full list of winners.
This year we are delighted to have Rabobank joining us as sponsor of the Bord Bia Food and Drink Industry Awards, as well as working closely with The Irish Times and FDII (Food and Drink Industry Ireland).
The shorlisted companies are listed here
Our independent judging panel was chaired by John Fanning, Chairman of Bord Bia's Brand Forum. The panel are as follows:
- Gilles Boumeester, Global Head of Food and Agri Business Coverage, Rabobank International
- Gordon Campbell, Managing Director, Spar International
- Matt Dempsey, Editor, Irish Farmers' Journal
- Tim Mobsby, Retired European Area President, Kellogg Company
- Bartley O'Connor, Head of Sustainability, PWC
- Senator Feargal Quinn
- Margot Slattery, Divisional Director, Sodexo Ireland
- Fran Walton, Director, The Futures Company
The award categories are:
Bord Bia is actively supporting the principle of coopetition, where companies work together to create synergies resulting in cost savings, improved returns and or increased market access. Companies were asked to include examples of coopetition in their application form for all of the following categories:
- The Sustainability Award
- The Domestic Success Award
- The Export Award
- The Innovation Award
- The Entrepreneurial Award
- The Excellence in Branding Award
- Open to all food and drink products manufactured in Ireland.
- Companies must be in business for a minimum of two fiscal years.
- Where possible, it is desirable that companies source materials that are approved under the Bord Bia Quality Assurance Schemes.
- In the event of a company being shortlisted, Bord Bia may seek further information from the applicant including financial data or product samples.
- Shortlisted companies must make themselves available for a photo shoot on Tuesday, 25 October in in Bord Bia offices.