Brexit Barometer Event
29/06/2017 - 29/06/2017
The Thinking House, Bord Bia, Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2
Time: 9.30 – 1pm (Followed by Lunch)
Registration for the event has now closed - Please contact Michael Jacob on email@example.com if you have any queries or require additional information.
On the 22nd of March Bord Bia launched the Brexit Barometer, an impact and readiness assessment tool. The barometer provided a structure for companies to discuss the possible implication of Brexit on their business. Using 6 topics and 17 sub categories with over 100 questions participating companies could Brexit in a meaningful way. 135 food and drink and horticulture companies have participated.
On the 29th of June will we present the findings and Bord Bia's response to the key industry pressure points as identified by the barometer.
Bord Bia is committed to providing the food and drink industry with timely and accurate information and this event is the 4th in a series of high calibre and well attended seminars.
The event will take place at the The Thinking House, Bord Bia, Lower Mount Street, Dublin on Thursday, 29th June from 9:30am and will comprise a half day (morning) open plenary session, followed by lunch.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 09:45 Welcome and Introduction - Chair, Michael Carey, Chairman, Bord Bia
- 09:45 – 10:10 Update on EU-UK Negotiations: A Political Perspective - Catherine Day, Former Secretary General of European Commission
- 10:10 – 10:35 Bord Bia's Brexit Barometer: Findings & Actions - Tara McCarthy, CEO, Bord Bia
- 10:40 – 11:10 Insight into Brexit implications from an Irish policy perspective - Live web-link with Michael Creed TD, Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- 11:10 – 11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 – 11:50 UK Grocery Perspective - James Walton, Chief Economist, IGD
- 11:50 – 12:10 The Supply Chain Perspective- Dean Attwell, CEO & Co-Founder
- 12:10 – 13:00 Panel Discussion (Moderated by Padraig Brennan, Bord Bia)
- 13:00 – 13:10 Closing Remarks - Tara McCarthy, CEO, Bord Bia
- 13:00 – 13:45Lunch served