Date: Tuesday 20th April
Time: 8.00 - 10.00 (light breakfast will be served)
Venue: Bord Bia offices, Dublin
Theme: Brand Protection and Packaging Requirements
At this breakfast session, we will have two speakers - Mary Bleahene from FR Kelly and Larry Fenelon from Leman Solicitors.
Mary will explain property rights in trade marks, a central element in the marketing and branding strategy of any company. Small and medium sized enterprises will find this talk particularly useful from the point of view of integrating their trade mark protection strategy into their overall business plan. Topics to be covered include the following:-
- Why/how should your company protect its trade mark(s)?
- Is the registration of the trade name of your company sufficient?
- Who is authorised to apply for trade mark registration?
- Is it compulsory to register a company’s trade marks?
- Five point check-list for selecting your trade mark.
- What are the costs associated with trade mark clearance and protection?
- Should you consider protecting your trade mark abroad?
- What are certification marks?
- How domain names relate to trade marks.
- Can you licence your trade mark to other companies?
- What should your business do if its trade mark is being used by others without authorisation?
Larry Fenelon is a partner in Leman Solicitors, a modern and innovative corporate law firm based in Percy Place, Dublin 4. Leman Solicitors advise a variety of companies in the agri food sector including producers, suppliers, distributors, retailers and catering. Larry will talk about what Irish companies need to know about the legal requirements for packaging and labelling when developing a brand.