Mustard and Orange Glazed Bacon Chops
- 4 bacon chops, or loin of bacon cut into chops
- 1 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange, approximately 80mls
- 2 teasp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablesp. lemon juice
- 2 tablesp. brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablesp. fresh thyme leaves
Broccoli with Chilli Butter
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 25g butter
- ½ chilli, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon chops and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Combine the orange zest and juice, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and thyme in a bowl and mix well. Turn the heat down to medium, add the orange mixture to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, basting and turning the chops frequently. The glaze should be golden and syrupy.
Meanwhile steam the broccoli until tender. Melt the butter and add the chilli. Spoon it over the broccoli.
Spoon the glaze from the pan over the chops and serve with the broccoli. Mashed or steamed potatoes would also be delicious.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Energy: 461 kcal