Beef Kebabs with Cherry Tomato and Chilli Salsa
- 750g sirloin steak, approx. 3cm thick if available
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1teasp. cracked pepper black
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tablesp. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½ red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablesp. coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teasp. chilli flakes
- ½ teasp. ground cumin
- 4 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 tablesp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tablesp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 grilled tortilla or flat breads
- Lemon halves grilled on a griddle pan or barbecue
- Salad leaves
- Soured cream
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl big enough to hold the steak. Trim the steak, cut into cubes and add into the marinade, stir to coat the cubes of meat. Leave for as long as you have time.
Add all the salsa ingredients to a food processor and whizz for a couple of minutes. Taste and season.
When you are ready to cook the kebabs, heat a ridged pan or the barbecue. Remove the beef cubes from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Thread the beef and wedges of onion onto the skewers. Season with a little salt. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Depending on how thick the cubes of meat are and how you like your beef cooked, you may need to cook them for a further 1-2 minutes on each side. Let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving. Lightly char the lemon halves on the pan or barbecue. Then add the tortillas to warm.
Serve the kebabs, salsa, salad leaves, soured cream and charred lemons and let everyone help themselves.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Energy: 622 kcal