Smoked Paprika and Coriander Steaks
- 4 striploin steaks
- 1 tablesp. ground coriander
- 1 tablesp. smoked paprika
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced into very thin circles
- 1 red chilli, halved and cut into fine slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 120g spinach, trimmed
- 2 tablesp. fresh lime juice
Mix the coriander, smoked paprika, lime zest and pepper together in a small bowl. Brush the steaks with a little of the oil then rub the spice mixture all over the steaks and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
When you are ready to cook the steaks season them with a little salt. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. When the pan is really hot add two of the steaks. Cook over the high heat turning once. The steaks will take 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare. The time will depend on the thickness of the steaks and how well done you like your meat. Leave to rest while you cook the remaining steaks.
When all the steaks are cooked add a little more oil to the pan. Then add in the onion, carrots, chilli and garlic and cook over a high heat, stirring for about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and lime juice and cook until the spinach has wilted. Taste and season.
Serve the steaks along with the vegetables and some steamed potatoes.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Energy: 536 kcal