Welcome to our collection of steak recipes, specially developed for you in Bord Bia’s Food Advisory Centre. As well as advice on cuts to use and cooking times, we have included a range of marinades, dressing, salsas and lots of servings ideas. Feel free to mix and match!
We hope you enjoy trying the recipes and don’t forget, when shopping, to choose beef with the Bord Bia Quality Mark to ensure it has been produced to the highest standards.
How to cook a steak
- Heat the pan or barbecue until really hot. Make sure the steak is at room temperature.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the steak. Season with salt and black pepper just before placing it on the hot pan or barbecue.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then turn cook for two minutes on the other side.
- Depending on how thick the steak is and how you like it cooked, you may need to cook it for a further one or two minutes on each side.
- Delicious served with the juices from the pan, sautéed potatoes, salad and basil mayonnaise.
Sirloin, Striploin, Ribeye, Fillet – check with the butcher that the beef is well aged to ensure tenderness.
For more information on Beef check out our Beef Information Section