Quick Fish Curry with Haddock
- 700g haddock, skinned, boned and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 5 heaped teasp. mild curry powder
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 400ml low fat coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock or water
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and thickly sliced
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the curry powder and cook for a minute or two. Then add the scallions and ginger and cook for a further minute.
Pour in the coconut milk, stock or water, and bring to a gentle simmer and leave to cook for five minutes. Don't allow it to boil. Add the fish and cucumber and continue to simmer gently for 3-4 minutes. Add the chopped coriander and season to taste.
Serve with rice and naan bread. A little Furikake Japanese seasoning sprinkled over the rice is delicious if you can get it.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving