Bord Bia's 2017 Brexit Barometer played a vital role in identifying the key risks facing our sector arising from Brexit. This revealed that only 39% of respondents had a tailored marketing strategy for the UK market. 46% had limited or no experience in complying with customs requirements and 83% had not modelled the impact tariffs may have on UK sales.
As EU-UK negotiations move to the next phase, Bord Bia has set out to measure the progress of the Irish food and drinks sector's preparedness for Brexit. To achieve this, we have developed the Brexit Barometer 2018 as a 30 minute online assessment. Its objective is two-fold:
- To ensure that the services and programmes that we offer are tailored and relevant to the needs of our clients.
- To communicate to UK customers and wider stakeholders that our sector is in a position to continue growing business in the UK market.
Benefits of Completing the Assessment:
Benefits to completing the survey are as follows:
- Each respondent will receive a customised Brexit Benchmark Report that maps your preparedness against peer companies by turnover size and sector. (Please note this is dependent on receiving a statistically significant volume of responses).
- Respondents will receive a Recommended Actions Report on how to reduce your risks arising from Brexit.
- Barometer respondents directly shape and inform Bord Bia’s Brexit support programmes during 2018 (e.g. customs and tariffs training, supply chain workshops, etc.).
- The information provided will be shared with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine to further inform it on the needs of the Irish food and drinks sector.
The Brexit Barometer 2018 presents a series of questions concerning the impact of Brexit on your organisation. As this assessment covers a wide variety of functions (UK market sales, supply chain, customs and finance), the best person to complete the survey is your company’s designated Brexit manager.
Please note that we are looking to gather data that is directionally correct, and therefore best estimates are acceptable. All responses received will be aggregated and analysed by the Aon Centre of Innovation and Analytics. The assessment should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
The data that you provide will be treated with the utmost care and is being stored in a facility managed by Aon’s Centre of Innovation and Analytics on behalf of Bord Bia for the duration of the project. While both of those parties will be able to see the individual data of your company, all analysis provided for any other forum will be aggregated either at a national or sectoral level and will never identify individual companies.
Bord Bia is on hand to support you through the survey process either in person or by telephone. If you would like to complete the Brexit Barometer, schedule a call or if you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.