Welcome to Food Works
Food Works is a tri-agency accelerator programme for food and drink start-ups. Enterprise Ireland, Bord Bia and Teagasc have worked together since 2012 to support high potential start up food and drink businesses, to launch and scale rapidly.
Food Works is run by three government agencies – Bord Bia, Enterprise Ireland and Teagasc. In this time Food Works has helped more than 90 Irish food entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
What Food Works does:
- helps entrepreneurs to validate their product through market and consumer research or validation
- provides access to research and development (R&D) expertise, pilot scale production facilities, food incubation units and product testing
- assists entrepreneurs to develop their business into a tried and tested, financially viable proposal
- provides expertise to help scale and grow business for export
- supports companies to produce an investor ready business plan
Food Works is an intensive programme, which incorporates workshops with industry experts, customised support from business advisors and facilitated peer to peer learning opportunities. The overall programme output will be a clear, investor-ready, practical business plan focused on scaling internationally.
Who is Food Works for?
The ideal candidates are ambitious entrepreneurs or companies with less than four years of trading that wish to target new export markets and scale their business. It is envisaged that the company will have an innovative product either already developed or in development. The Food Works programme aims to help these young companies realise their full potential, achieve significant scale and become major international businesses in markets across the globe.
How do I apply?
Submit an application form before January 29th 2021 to participate on the Food Works 2021 programme. Finalists will be invited to an on-line interview on February 11th 2021. Successful candidates will be notified in advance of the programme commencing March 1st 2021.
Candidates may apply on an individual basis, as part of a team or as a company if it has been in existence for less than four years.
To find out more about Food Works Ireland, visit www.foodworksireland.ie