Supports for Local, Small and Micro Food Businesses/Producers for DAFM Webinar
This webinar provided information about support for local food businesses/producers. The webinar was organised by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine with Bord Bia and other State organisations involved in providing supports to local food businesses.
The webinar included a presentation on a report commissioned by Bord Bia which examined support arrangements in Ireland and how other countries have been successful in developing premium markets for family farm produce.
This event was of interest to:
- State agencies involved in providing supports for local food producers/ businesses
- Farmers wishing to set up farm food businesses
- Local, small, micro food and beverage producing businesses
The event was opened by Minister Hackett, Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Michael Murphy, Interim CEO of Bord Bia.
The webinar included an overview of the following topics:
- Bord Bia Report on supporting the development of Local and Farm Produce – Overview of arrangements (other countries and Ireland) – H K + A consultants
- Farm Business Teagasc Options – Barry Caslin, Teagasc advisory services
- Prepared Consumer Food Centre (PCFC) – Shay Hannon, National PCFC Manager
- Bia Innovator Campus – Elaine Donohue, Bia Innovator Campus/Alan Farrell, Galway County Council
- Markets, Community Gardens and other LA supports – Nuala Stewart, Cork City Council
- DAFM Producer Groups – Sinead Mulcahy, DAFM
- DAFM Rural Innovation Development Fund (Agri Tourism) - Annamarie McNally, DAFM
- Overview of Bord Bia supports – Claudia Saumell, Bord Bia
- Regions and Infrastructure supports – Méabh Conaghan, Enterprise Ireland
- Local Enterprise Office (LEO) supports – Tomás Hayes, Kerry Local Enterprise Office
- Food High Potential Start-Up (HPSU) – Niall Coulston, Enterprise Ireland
The event content, including the presentations given by speakers and video footage of the event are available to view and download.