Bord Bia Customs Clinics February
IMPORTANT: These workshops are almost at full capacity but please register your interest using the registration form and a member of the team will contact you.
Join us to attend in-person workshops with practical customs and trade clinics. The sessions will address some of the most common challenges experienced by food and drink exporters trading with the UK.
Hosted by Conor Anderson, Principal Logistics and Trade with PerformanSC.
Key topics covered will include:
- Customs invoice requirements – detailed instructions on what information needs to accompany shipments and where to get each item of information.
- Incoterms – contractual terms between sellers and buyers that determine the responsibility for freight, insurance and importantly that determine the responsibility for customs processes in Ireland and the UK.
- Product classification – Understand how to classify products and what to do to get certainty through a Binding Tariff Information.
- Product origin – How to correctly determine the origin of products for customs purposes and understand the factors that influence origin for customs purposes.
- Working with Brokers and 3PL partners – Understand what these partners will need as part of the process, what they are responsible for and the remaining responsibilities that will rest with your company.
- Dealing with Revenue and HMRC queries – Understand how customs authorities manage enforcement, audit requirements and requirements to respond to queries.
Following the formal sessions, the clinic will include a working Q&A session and working lunch where we can address specific company trade and customs challenges. Where applicable, we can explore special customs procedures, valuation queries, specific goods flows and processes to ensure compliance with customs and trade requirements.
February 28th Castleknock Hotel, Dublin
March 1st Castleknock Hotel, Dublin
March 2nd Horse and Jockey Hotel, Tipperary
9.30am – 1pm
Teas, coffees and lunch will also be provided.
These workshops are almost at full capacity but please register your interest using the registration form and a member of the team will contact you.