MSc Insights and Innovation Company Placement
The Bord Bia Talent Academy, in partnership with DCU, has designed a world leading Masters in Insights and Innovation. The vision of which is to help drive fresh thinking and creativity in the Food & Drink industry that will see our industry thrive and overcome the many challenges we currently face.
Following a high-profile and rigorous recruitment process, that attracted almost 350 high quality applicants, we can confidently say the people we’re offering you are hugely talented and driven individuals who will bring tangible value to any organisation.
This programme is 18 months in length, with 14 months of that spent in work placement within an Irish Food, Drink or Horticulture company.
The placement period will commence in January 2021 and the participants will combine work placement and study. The participants will arrive in their placement companies with deep knowledge in the fields of Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking, innovation strategy, consumer insights, brand marketing, digital innovation and leadership.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have 14 months working with a talented, qualified, well-networked and passionate innovation professional working exclusively on your innovation pipeline to generate new commercial ideas and convert them into tangible innovation assets for your business.
- Access an industry experienced individual who can bring immediate impact to your NPD, Consumer Insights & Marketing teams & wider organisation.
- Gain access to talent who are exposed to cutting edge thinking from DCU Business School, Ireland and Bord Bia.
- Tap into an international pool of talent who have developed a wide ranging network within the food & drinks industry
Ideally a host organisation would tick a number of the following boxes:
- Have clear placement objectives & deliverables - in the area of product, marketing or process innovation.
- Immerse our executives into your organisation and embed them in your teams.
- Provide placement feedback to Bord Bia on completion.
- Demonstrate an innovation ambition - a strategy to grow through innovation and open to new, fresh, original inputs that are underpinned by consumer insight.
- Resources and budget allocated to Innovation & processes to embed product, process and marketing innovations with the aim of converting to real opportunities.
- Willingness to appoint a mentor to work closely with the participant for the duration of the work placement and to commit to participation at 2-3 half day workshops and debriefing sessions at Bord Bia.
- Strong Interest in consumer trends, wants and needs and integrating these into consumer -focused R&D and New Product Development.
- It is preferable that the company have a mission to develop branded innovation opportunities with the potential to launch a product ideally within a 2 year timeframe.
- An openness to become a learning organisation through working with the participant and absorbing programme learnings.