Supply Chain & Account Management
With Brexit and other challenges currently facing the Irish food industry it has never been more crucial for industry practitioners to be well educated in one of the most important business and export channels - the international retail sector.
This programme sees graduates placed in International retail or foodservice companies, in markets such as the UK, France and the US to name but a few. You will undertake overseas placements with some of the world’s leading global retail companies, while gaining an internationally recognised Masters.
The Programme Structure
This 18-month programme is a combination of real-world and academic learning, blending block release modules and continuous project work. Participants spend their placement in a multinational retailer or food service company. In roles such as: Category Manager, Category Buyer, Strategic Sourcing Buyer, Country supply chain manager, to name but a few.
Some key elements of the programme include:
- Internationally-recognised Masters with UCD Smurfit Business School - MSc Supply Chain & Account Management
- Overseas placements with the world’s leading global brands. These have included: Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s, Sodexo, Brakes, McDonalds, Compass, HMS Host, Convergence Achats., among others.
- Full tuition fees paid and bursary towards living expenses awarded
- Applications welcome from graduates with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Outstanding career prospects and professional development.
Who is this programme for?
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience, ideally including role(s) in: supply chain, commercial, retail management, business development/ sales; client management; marketing; key account management; project management; communications; consultancy, or similar.
- Have leadership potential with strength in communications, listening, presentation, influencing, relationship management, self-motivation, management, independence, resourcefulness, diplomacy, business development, self-motivation, proactivity, commercial awareness, relationship building, among other areas of leadership potential.
- Have shown interest in or have background in the retail and/or food industry through relevant memberships, networks, interest groups, projects, awards and/or background in the industry.
Employment prospects from this programme is outstanding with numerous companies recruiting directly from the programme, including Sainsburys, Marks & Spencer, Pernod Ricard, Kerry, Glanbia, Ornua, Teelings Whiskey, Keoghs Crisps, Dawn Farm Foods and Dairygold, among many more.
Related Talent Programmes
Click below to browse frequently asked questions.