Supply Chain & Procurement
Seed your ambition, nurture it, and let it sprout. Whether you want to change the world, be successful or just see how much you can explore in a lifetime. Sow the seed and let your future reap the reward.
Learn the skills now for the world you’ll be creating tomorrow. The future is yours, and it couldn’t be in better hands. “
Our research commissioned post the Brexit announcement highlighted supply chain as a key area of venerability for the Irish Food & Drink sector. In response to this Bord Bia launched our Supply Chain & Procurement programme in partnership with UCD Michael Smurfit Business School.
This programme sees graduates placed in International retail or foodservice companies, in markets such as the UK, France and the US to name but a few. But with our next intake we would be hopeful of going even further afield. Graduates receive a Masters in Supply Chain & Account Management.
The Programme Structure
This 18-month programme is a combination of real-world and academic learning, blending block release modules and continuous project work. Participants spend their placement in a multinational retailer or food service company. In roles such as: Category Manager, Category Buyer, Strategic Sourcing Buyer, Country supply chain manager, to name but a few.
Some key elements of the programme include:
- Internationally-recognised Masters with UCD Smurfit Business School - MSc Business Sustainability]
- Overseas placements with the world’s leading global brands. These have included: Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s, Sodexo, Brakes, McDonalds, Compass, HMS Host, Convergence Achats., among others.
- Full tuition fees paid and bursary towards living expenses awarded
- Applications welcome from graduates with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Outstanding career prospects and professional development.
Who is this programme for?
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience, ideally including role(s) in: supply chain, commercial, retail management, business development/ sales; client management; marketing; key account management; project management; communications; consultancy, or similar.
- Have leadership potential with strength in communications, listening, presentation, influencing, relationship management, self-motivation, management, independence, resourcefulness, diplomacy, business development, self-motivation, proactivity, commercial awareness, relationship building, among other areas of leadership potential.
- Have shown interest in or have background in the retail and/or food industry through relevant memberships, networks, interest groups, projects, awards and/or background in the industry.
Employment prospects from this programme is outstanding with numerous companies recruiting directly from the programme, including Sainsburys, Marks & Spencer, Pernod Ricard, Kerry, Glanbia, Ornua, Teelings Whiskey, Keoghs Crisps, Dawn Farm Foods and Dairygold, among many more.