Thank you for visiting the Bord Bia Farmhouse Cheese page.
This page is packed with farmhouse cheese information and ideas - check out the guide on how to build the perfect cheeseboard, get inspired by a range of cheesy recipes, find your local cheesemaker and much more.
Farmhouse Cheese Finder
How to Create the Perfect Christmas Cheese Board
An Irish Farmhouse Cheese board is perfect for any occasion. They are versatile, social, aesthetic, delicious and most importantly, you are supporting a local Irish business in the process. A great cheese board begins with great cheese, and you can’t get any better than Irish Farmhouse Cheese.
Delicious and Simple Farmhouse Cheese Recipes
Recipes with farmhouse cheese can be savoury or sweet, try our mozzarella recipes, goats cheese dishes, cheesecake recipes and many more.
Passion, People, Place and Pasture
Irish farmhouse cheeses are the product of unique interactions between people, place and pasture. It is not just about flavour, it is also about people, and each cheese tells the story of the cheesemaker and the farm where it was made. Every cheese is marked with the signature of their personality.
Farmhouse cheeses are produced across the country yet each cheese is an expression of its own particular part of Ireland, encapsulating very different elemental aspects of our landscape. Lush green pastures, intelligent husbandry of livestock and sound farming practices then enable the Irish cheese maker to work wonders with some of the highest quality and tastiest milk available in Europe.
Learn more about Irish Farmhouse Cheese
Explore our different resources to learn about Irish Farmhouse Cheese.
Guide to Irish Farmhouse Cheeses
Find out everything you need to know about Irish Farmhouse Cheeses from Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board.
History of Irish Farmhouse Cheese
Irish Farmhouse Cheese is the product of unique interactions between people, place and pasture.
Types of Irish Farmhouse Cheese
There are a number of different types of Irish Farmhouse Cheese and a number of ways to categorise the cheeses. Learn more about the different types of cheeses below
Craft of Cheesemaking
Did you know that there are a number of steps to making the perfect Farmhouse Cheese. Click below to learn more.
Buying, Storing & Tasting Farmhouse Cheese
Read our Top Tips for Buying, Storing and Tasting Irish Farmhouse Cheese.
A Match Made in Heaven: Farmhouse Cheese and Craft Beer
We're very lucky here in Ireland to have two wonderful complementary industries in farmhouse cheese and craft beer. Learn more about pairing these products below.
- The Competition runs from 28/11/22 to 16/12/22.
- All entrants must be 18 years or over. Only entrants who submitted correct registration details will be eligible.
- Bord Bia’s decision in respect of competition winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of any such decision.
- Prizes are as stated and non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer / supplier.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Bord Bia for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. Bord Bia is not responsible for any technical errors in communication networks, internet access or other prevention of entry to a competition
- By entering a competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.