National Organic Awards 2020
The National Organic Awards celebrate the achievements of Irish Organic food and drink growers and manufacturers and are held every two years in association with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
The 2020 National Organic Awards will take place on Wednesday, October 21st, and aim to recognise developments in the sector across key categories, judged by a panel of experts.
If you are interested in attending the National Organic Awards 2020, please register your interest today!
1. Retail Award
To include products currently available through Irish Retail channels (including seasonal products that were available in
retail over the past 12 months) Judging criteria will include organic brand story, market opportunity, packaging and brand communication and relevance to Bord Bia Consumer Lifestyle Trends.
2. Private Label Award
To include products currently available through Irish Retail/Food Service channels (including seasonal products that were available over the past 12 months) Retail/Food Service products in this category must be sold under the private label (own label) brand. Judging criteria will include organic private label brand story, market opportunity, packaging and brand communication and relevance to Bord Bia Consumer Lifestyle Trends.
3. Export Award
With the export market for Irish organic products of growing importance to Irish organic producers, this award looks to recognise these products. This award is open to products being sold in the export market. Judging criteria will include export opportunity identification, evidence of export success, packaging and branding export adaptability and overcoming export challenges.
4. New and Innovative Award
Open to new products or packaging innovation launched between
January 2019 and July 2020. Judging criteria will include market insights, evidence of innovation for product or packaging and evidence of market success.
5. E-Commerce Award
Open to products being sold directly to consumers via e-commerce e.g. company website, third party shop, social media shop etc. (Online sales via Irish retailer websites are not eligible) Judging criteria will include sales analysis and on-line analytics, success of customer recruitment, evidence of business growth and packaging and branding adaptability.
6. Marketing Campaign Award
The Marketing Campaign Award is for a producer that has developed a comprehensive marketing campaign that has differentiated itself from competitors by using creative marketing communications through a single or combination of media channels. Judging criteria will include review of marketing campaign strategy and results, performance analysis and media options used.
7. Business in the Community Award
This category will acknowledge the achievements of businesses in their local communities. Producers should submit details of an example of one corporate social responsibility initiative which they have undertaken. Judging criteria will include review of overall business in the community initiative, how the initiative links with brand/product
story, the lasting impact of the initiative and its link to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Terms & Conditions
The objective of the National Organic Awards is to recognise the achievements of Irish Organic food and drink growers and manufacturers. Criteria will, therefore, be strictly adhered to, as follows:
• Product must be grown or manufactured in the Republic of Ireland. Repackaged product is not eligable.
• Raw material (e.g. meat and fish) must be sourced in Ireland where possible.
• Retailers/Food Service Operators can enter Private Label Award and New and Innovative Award categories with private label products only. Retailers/Food Service Operators must make the Producer aware that they are entering their product into the Awards. The Award will be shared by the Retailer/Food Service Operator and the Producer with the prize fund awarded to the Producer only.
• Judges or their related business cannot enter the awards.
• All Judges decisions are final.
• A single product may only be entered in a maximum of 2 categories.
• The awards organisers reserve the right to place entries in whichever category they deem as most appropriate.
• Shortlisted Products may only use the National Organic Award branding.
• Products must be certified as organic by IOFGA, Organic Trust, Global Trust or equivalent and certification must be available on request.
• If shortlisted, companies will be invited to attend a photography session in Dublin on either 29th or 30th September 2020. These will be a fully socially distanced events held in an outdoor setting.
• One representative from each of the shortlisted companies will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on 21st October this event which will be a hybrid event composed of both virtual and real-life elements hosted from The RDS in Dublin.
• All Prizes must be redeemed by December 31st, 2020.
• Judging for the 2020 awards will take place virtually, in this case no physical sample of products will be required for the judging process.
• All physical elements of the Awards are subject to change dependent on the latest Government guidelines.
- Completed entry forms must be received by noon on 15th September 2020
- Only entries on the official entry form will be accepted
- For any queries regarding the awards e-mail email@example.com