IMPORTANT DEADLINE EXTENSION - GB TRADING
The UK government has announced an update in relation to UK import controls for EU goods. The upcoming deadlines have now extended as follows:
- The requirement for pre-notification of agri-food imports will be introduced on 1 January 2022 as opposed to 1 October 2021.
- The new requirements for Export Health Certificates, which were due to be introduced on 1 October 2021, will now be introduced on 1 July 2022.
- Phytosanitary Certificates and physical checks on SPS goods at Border Control Posts, due to be introduced on 1 January 2022, will now be introduced on 1 July 2022.
- The requirement for Safety and Security declarations on imports will be introduced as of 1 July 2022 as opposed to 1 January 2022.
- The timetable for the removal of current easements in relation to full customs controls and the introduction of customs checks remains unchanged from the planned 1 January 2022.