Bord Bia is an organisation that is well equipped to respond to, or effect change, in a flexible and purposeful way. Bord Bia’s business plan and road map for the food and drink sector is aligned with our purpose and strategic priorities, which allows us to respond to and drive change aligned to industry needs. This agility is needed now more than ever as we, ourselves, repurpose to assist the industry face the significant challenges posed by the Covid-19 crisis.
Established Bord Bia work programmes and strategic plans, originally developed under different circumstances, are currently being reviewed and updated so we are prepared to best serve our client companies and stakeholders during these unprecedented times. To ensure we can progress this level of preparedness across the industry, Bord Bia will be flexible and creative in our approach to redeveloping these programmes and plans for the remainder of this year, and beyond.
Adapting to current circumstances will allow Bord Bia to support members and food and drinks businesses preparedness through;
- Setting out a framework for the short term (remainder of 2020) and the medium term (to end of 2021), on how Bord Bia will support the food and drink industry to navigate unprecedented change
- Identifying initiatives/activities that allow us to continue to meet client and stakeholder needs
- Identifying alternative approaches to plans that can no longer be achieved or are no longer relevant to the industry and the current circumstances we face
- Capitalising, where possible, on areas of opportunity in the current climate such as the power of our insights to inform and drive change
- Ensuring our plans are clear so that our efforts are collective, and focused on achieving our organizational goals
- Aligning our industry wide Covid-19 response plan with Bord Bia’s Strategic Priorities, Sector and Country Plans to ensure we are all pulling in the one direction
- Assessing the requirements to deliver our goals individually, functionally and cross functionally
- Looking to the longer term, so that Bord Bia is future proofing our efforts with a new corporate strategy for 2022 – 2025+ and linking it to our renewed Purpose and Vision for the Covid-19 and post Covid-19 era