Marketing Assistance Grant
Applications for the 2021 Bord Bia Marketing Assistance Grant are now closed.
The marketing grants scheme is open to food, drink and horticulture (edible and amenity) producers, who are client companies of Bord Bia, with a turnover greater than €100,000 and less than €3.5 million in 2019. The turnover of linked (by common shareholders) and partner enterprises in a group will also be taken into account to determine eligibility for the MAP.
To be eligible for the MAP grant companies must be actively participating in the Bord Bia Origin Green Programme, with an up to date annual review as of 31st December 2021.
In general, the MAP supports 50% of eligible expenditure, up to a maximum specified approved amount. Applicants who are Verified Members of Bord Bia Origin Green Programme with an up to date Annual Review Status are entitled to support of 60% of eligible expenditure and will also be prioritised for higher grant levels. This also applies to certified members of relevant Bord Bia Quality Assurance & Sustainability Schemes.
Examples of Eligible Activities include:
- Participation at trade fairs and exhibitions and related costs
- Marketing consultancy, focus groups and published reports
- Marketing Training, courses and seminars
- Design and origination of packaging/ labels/ POS/ brochure
- Website Development
- Quality Consultancy, Training and Audit Costs, Nutritional analysis
- Market research visit
- In-store tastings.
Did you receive a grant in 2020?
If you received a grant approval in 2021, you have some options:-
- You can opt to carry over your 2021 approved grant in full to 2021 if no activities were carried out in 2021. If choosing this option you do not need to notify us or cannot apply for MAP 2021. If you wish to add additional activities you can request these activities be added to your approval letter prior to them taking place.
- If you carried out activities in 2021 and you have submitted a claim or intend to submit a claim in respect of these activities, you can carry over the unused balance of your 2021 grant balance to 2022. Again If choosing this option you do not need to notify us or cannot apply for MAP 2021. If you wish to add additional activities you can request these activities be added to your approval letter prior to them taking place.
- Alternatively, if you carried out activities in 2021 and you have submitted a claim or intend to submit a claim in respect of your 2020 activities, you may decide there is not much of a grant balance to carryover. In this case you can submit a 2021 MAP application, provided you meet the turnover requirements of between €100,000 and €3.5 million in the 2020 calendar year and are currently actively engaged in the Bord Bia Origin Green Sustainability Programme.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday January 29th 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Application forms should be typed and saved as an MS Word document and e-mailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Handwritten or hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to submit a copy of their latest available accounts when applying.
Note: Eligibility does not confer an automatic entitlement to aid. The selection process is a competitive one.